Attending a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) certification workshop is the first step you should take to gain the knowledge and skills needed to help the feral and stray community cats in your area. Learn the basics of TNR and colony care in this hands-on workshop designed by Alley Cat Allies, the ASPCA, and the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals.
In this workshop, you will:
• Learn about feral cats, their history and behavior
• Learn the steps of humane trapping and pre- and post-spay/neuter surgery care with the help of video and live demonstrations
• Practice using a box trap and divider for trapping and in-trap care
• Learn the basics of caring for a cat colony
• Learn how to build good relationships with neighbors throughout the TNR process and how to help the cats be good neighbors
• Attendees will become Certified TNR Caretakers in Dayton, OH and have access to free spay/neuter surgeries at the Humane Society of Greater Dayton
• Attendees will have the option purchase at cost the NYC Mayor's Alliance's Guide to Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) and Colony Care.
This course is especially for TNR caretakers in Dayton, OH but anyone interested in feral cat colony management will benefit.
Those that are TNR Certified through us receive:
- Discounted (fully refundable) trap rental deposit of $25 instead of $75
- Free surgeries including spay (with tattoo) or neuter, ear-tip, and rabies vaccine [for as long as funding lasts]
While the course is free, seating is limited to 23 guests so you must register to attend. You can register at the Get Tickets link!