Fancy Focaccia Bread Recipe
Move over sourdough and welcome this new trendy bread recipe into your life. Using a basic focaccia* recipe and some veggies and herbs, create a work of art that is good enough to eat! This is a fun activity to do as a family and the finished product is beautiful and delicious. There are so many ways to change this recipe up! Try infusing your oil with garlic and herbs before brushing it on your dough. Let us know if you tried out this new bread trend!
Download a printable recipe guide here (PDF): https://bit.ly/06182pcdl
Video recipe here: https://www.facebook.com/PrebleLibrary/videos/264416001441746/
Basic Focaccia Recipe Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 1/4 t salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T instant yeast or active dry yeast
Whatever you have on hand will work! Ms. Sarah used:
- cherry tomatoes
- yellow bell pepper
- fresh thyme
- drained capers
- sliced black olives
- sliced red onion
- sliced asparagus spear
- Drizzle about 2 T of oil into a 9" x 13" pan.
- Combine all dough ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop the sticky batter into a prepared pan, cover, and let rise at room temperature for an hour.
- While the dough rests, prepare your toppings and preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Poke the dough with your fingers to create dents. Then brush the dough with oil.
- Decorate the top with your toppings. Get the family involved and make it fancy!
- Sprinkle with salt and herbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Turn it out of the pan and onto a cooling rack.
*Focaccia is a thick, seasoned bread. An Italian flatbread.